Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips 55PW9363 55" HDTV rear projection    

Nynex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Philips 55PW9363 55" HDTV rear projection Reply with quote

Philips 55PW9363 55" HDTV rear projection

ok i will explain how this went down....

i was watching my tv when the speackers started making a noise like a glomk sound then a loud snap inside the tv.
i peeled the back off and saw that the lamp was leaking on the boards below
"mainly the one with the stk ic`s",and 1 of the capasitors was poped so i replaced the lamp and the cap.
and now the tv comes on and makes that same "glonk" noise for about 3 sec. and shuts off.

i already got a new tv but i would like to fix this one for experince....
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an interesting thread.

No offense intended, but your spelling, punctuation and terminology made trying to understand what you were saying very hard.

1: This set does not have lamps, they are CRT's (cathode ray tubes.)
2: If one CRT coolant chamber was leaking you MUST remove the circuit board completely and use a mild displacement aerosol (like a mild degreaser) to remove the ethlyne glycol from the board (it is very conductive, transparent and quite hard to see).

If you keep attempting to turn on the set in this condition without cleaning the board you will have further failures.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com