Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips Ballast EUC 250 HELP!    

karmack

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Philips Ballast EUC 250 HELP! Reply with quote

Hi everybody, nice to meet you all on this forum.
Hi I have a Projectordesign with this ballast unit and a 250W uhp lamp that makes this defect: the lamp turns slightly on, stays for 30 seconds, then shuts down and the orange led on the projector blinks (indicates "exausted lamp"). But the lamp has 1000 hours work.
Does anybody have a datasheet for this Ballast? I want to understand the way he "talks" with the projector electronics. I would like to take out all this stuff and put a new LED lamp, but I need to convince the projector that the ballast is working properly.
Many thanks
k.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model Number???

You seem to have terminalogy (what you call the various devices) miss-information. There is no such animal as a 250W uhp LED lamp.

For instance,. If the lamp is striking, (a function of the ballast), the ballast is more than likely good. I have never seen a LED light source on any Philips Brand that was a projection TV.

Model Number is needed to sort this out.

Jesse
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was aware of the lamp type. It sounds like his idea was to reverse engineer the existing lamp and replace it with an LED.

While I have no idea if that is possible, I am amused by the "thinking outside of the box".
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only manufacturer I am aware of that has successfully used LED's as a light source is Samsung. Their set has a great picture and the LED's seem to be holding up. However, I do not believe it would be possible to reverse engineer as the light given off by the LED's creates a different overall light spectrum and the light engine LCD's are aligned to deal with this different spectrum.
Another Thing. The LED's are color specific. They are not just using only one LED that produces the complete light spectrum. Therefore the optics that is used to pass/reflect light would be totally different.
And still another: The LED's have no need for, and do not use, a ballast.
And still another: If this person is truly trying to reverse engineer, I would suggest he be VEARRY carefull. These Ballasts can HUURRTT you.

LED systems us a high wattage power supply to run the LED's. Then the LEDS are simply biased. They also use an elaborate self contained liquid cooling system and very large Heat sinks.

I have always thought that reverse engineering consisted of learning to duplicate and unknown circuit/system. There is more information available that you can even believe as to how the Mercury Vapor UHP lamp system works. These Lamps are basically the same as street lights and produce high temperatures and limited lifespan. If this person is a novice and is simply wanting to increase reliablilty I would suggest he purchase a different technology. The Mercury Vapor Lamp technology has been around for a very long time and was, for the most part, simply a intermediate between the old style CRT based Televisions and the current generation of flat plasma and lcd technologies.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com