Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Philips Magnavox MS2530 C225    

PariahComplex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Philips Magnavox MS2530 C225 Reply with quote

This is my last effort before I push the tv out the window it sits in front of. I'm an avid video gamer and in one room have an HD set up with surround sound and the works but one game (rock band) keeps the downstairs neighbor awake with the drumming so out of courtesy I unhooked my xbox 360 from the HD and Surround setup and brought out to the SD in the front room. This is the original TV I always played it on before I upgraded to HD, hooked it up with the right cables (yes the tech support kept asking over and over, I used the yellow, red, and white in the right plugs, I know what i was doing), but when I turned it on it was black and white. Tried bypassing the junction box and hooking straight to the tv, same problem. Tried other gaming systems on the tv, all in color. Tried the xbox on another SD tv, worked perfectly fine. Even bought new cables. No luck. Tried going into the service menu and I can't navigate it with the buttons on the tv or the controller buttons they all change the channels or the volume and won't let me control the service menu, all I want to do is factory reset the TV. I read somewhere to unplug for four hours, plug it in power it on, turn it off, and repeat for a double hard reset and it would work but all my programmed setting were still there. Called Magnavox but since the TV is over a year old they won't help me, and of course since it's a problem with the TV no help from XBox support. So all I need is a way to reset my TV back to it's factory defaults, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, or if you've heard of this problem and know a fix that would be great as well.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your xbox has a setting to change from 480i to 480P... make sure it is set to 480i
PariahComplex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately there's no way to change it when it's set in SD mode, in HD mode you can change it only to 420p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have hooked up your composite cable's (Yellow,White,Red) to the component input of the tv (this will produce B&W pix) .

Jesse
PariahComplex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an older tv it only has hookups for composite and coaxial, not too old, probably like '99, '00, this is why I'm so confused
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com