Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Please help! Need unlisted service menu codes!    

clarkkent57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Please help! Need unlisted service menu codes! Reply with quote

Hi! What a great site!

I've got three HDTVs, and would like to learn to calibrate them. I have pretty much decided on using CalMan, but I would need to know how to get into the service menu for each.

I already have the method for my Toshiba 52hl167, which I got from your site, and thank you.

The other two are:

Vizio VW37L

and

Olevia 527-S12

Since the Olevia is pretty much unused, I figured that I would start with it until I had it down cold, hten proceed upward.

Do you or anyone know how to access the menus on these TVs? Or can you?

Thanks so much in advance,

Will H.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Superman,

Most sets that allow you to adjust the color balance have this as an option from within the customer menu.
That being said, I would encourage you to reconsider the direction you are taking. All of the current generation LCD and PLASMA tv sets are aligned at the factory using equipment FAR, FAR, FAR more sopfisticated than you are going to come up with. The alignment parameters change from set to set even with the same models because of the different panels within the same model being used. Also, you would have to have the room lighting correct for whatever equipment you come up with. I looked at the CalMan website and the software is freeware. This is a formula for truly screwing up your tv set. Albeat you have the right. The Vizio Literature is only available from Vizio and unless you are factory authorized you are not going to get literature for the current generation of sets for copyright reasons and/or propritory reasons. Without literature you are not going to know what the setup parameters are in the firstplace. These sets are "DIGITAL" which means the quality and accuracy of the picture is more dependant on the content source on a properly aligned set than the set is. Each and every pixel is directly controlled and is dependant on the source information. Do you have the industry standard generator for the source (they cost about $4,000 ~ $10,000 dollars. Without this you have nothing, with or without the software.

If I am not mistaken Olevia is a rebranded Polaroid that went bankrupt and was rebranded Memorex, that was rebranded, rebranded, rebranded and is a low quality set.

I seem to be throwing a wet rag on your desires but any improvement will be marginal at best and the ability to screw up your set is great.

Jesse
clarkkent57

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Not Superman...just Clark.

The ugliest truth beats the prettiest lie, so gracias!

Not wanting to do any alignment or anything like that...just want the color to be the best, and was hoping for more control than a one touch color gives me.

But that's ok! I'm cool with it!
Again, thanks!
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark,

The best control that the consumer has is providing the best content to display on your sets. This means watching the HD channels on cable through the HDMI port and using a Blue Ray DVD through a HDMI port.

The reproduction Luminance and Chrominance quality will amaze you.

The best standard definition available is 480P and many are down to 320P. This makes for a crapy picture. Also the best standard DVD output is 480P unless you have a later generation which has an upconverter to 1080I which is nothing more than a microprocessor and memory chips filling in the gaps.

Hope this helps

Jesse
clarkkent57

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I watch everything in Hi-Def through the HDMI ports. Built an HTPC just for the job, and have HD Comcast.

The other day, while setting up the new 52", I tuned to a normal broadcast station, and realized how spoiled I am. :mrgreen:
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com