Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 26" LCD Vertical color bands.    

ETXREALVESTOR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: RCA 26" LCD Vertical color bands. Reply with quote

RCA 26" LCD W/ DVD
Model# L26WD26D

Hello! I bought this TV in with a pallet of returned merchandise. There is minor damage on the top right (as you're looking at it). It looks like it was dropped. There are a couple of issues with it. When I first turned it on the screen was gray with 2 areas of vertical color banding. I put in a DVD and it seems to work. I get the audio. I left the DVD playing for a while and the colors started a kaliedescope effect. Eventually, the picture appeared as it should except for the 2 vertical bands that were there at the beginning. I repeated a cold start and the syptoms were the same and it took almost 30 minutes for the screen to become clear. The vertical lines on the left seem to be 2 greens and a red, thin, and total about 1/4" wide total. The one on the right seems to be many colors, mostly brown and greens and is a little ove 1/4" wide. Do these seem to be related? I really appreciate any help you can give.
Thank you,
Mark
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com