Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA 27V412    

cam1973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: RCA 27V412 Reply with quote

My tv will turn on, but then shuts right off...if i keep trying, it will stay on (may take 100 times or so.....) brought it to a repair shop, said something about picture tube and would cost $250....(pic looks fine when it's on)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chassis?
cam1973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chassis m134c

if that helps......
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check the front button panel before I suspected the tube.

If you can get it to stay on again, with the remote go into the menu and disable the front buttons.
cam1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would i do that?...is there a setup menu somewhere for turning off the buttons?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a feature in menu section that you can access via the remote. It disable the front buttons from doing anything.

Its reasoning is so that toddlers can't change the channels or turn the tv on or off when mommy hides the remote from them. but it will help you to diagnose a bad button panel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com