Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
   Log inLog in 
RCA D52W15 Need help    
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair
Author Message

Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Location: Lakeland, FL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: RCA D52W15 Need help Reply with quote

Ok, I'm not a repair man, but I have a pretty good grasp on electronics. My mother's RCA D52W15 television started making an arcing sound and I could smell burning. So I pulled the rear cover off and plugged it in for a sec to see where it was arcing and I found it. It is what I believe to be the Flyback Transformer.

Do I simply replace this part and the TV should be ok? I know how to solder on circuit boards so that's no problem.

I see two wires/tubes running to this transformer, one red and a smaller black one. How do those come off? And when I install the new part, will the focus/screen adjustments need any adjusting, if so, how?

I appreciate the help!

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com