Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA D52W20 Picture dissapeared    

vcand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: RCA D52W20 Picture dissapeared Reply with quote

RCA 52"
Model: D52W20
Chasis: ITC222
Manf. Date: Nov. 2003

I posted a couple months back with a blue haze issue. Well, I FINALLY replaced the coolant and got it all back together tonight, turned it on, and the blue/green is wonderful, the red is still another problem.

I have red lines. I looked inside and the red IS lighting up, but I only see the red lines in the lens, whereas in blue and green I see the image. It started out months ago with the red slowly fading out while watching TV every so often, to doing it consistently and going to these lines (only REALLY visible when the screen is black).

I found this blog:
http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/06/sony-projection-tv-red-line-repair.html

and I adjusted (the knob marked "screen") a little bit counter-clockwise and that got rid of the red lines, and the picture came back in all color.

I then played with the onscreen image settings, had a tough time because everything was heavy in green, and got it "ok".

I watched it for about an hour, it very quickly faded to blue then black and then no picture. I turned it off and back on, no picture. I'm going to let it sit for awhile and cool.

I don't know if this is related to me adjusting the red or not.

Any ideas?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've definitely got some voltages fluctuating. I'm mostly guessing here, but maybe the focus/screen block is failing?

I'd be interested to find out if its temp dependent.
vcand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhurdler wrote:
you've definitely got some voltages fluctuating. I'm mostly guessing here, but maybe the focus/screen block is failing?

I'd be interested to find out if its temp dependent.

Yeah, I'm interested too, I'm just not sure exactly where to look to isolate the problem. I was reading other posts talking about how the Flyback Transformer on these models usually go with fluctuations like this. I'm wondering if this could be the culprit? There was also recommendations of adjusting the pot on the flyback as well.

As far as now, the next day, no image at all, but it sounds like its all powering up, I hear the static and such. I will open it and check the lenses for signs of life.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could certainly be the flyback, but because it sounded like the 3 CRTs changed at differing rates, I suspected the screen/focus block.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com