Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA D61130 CTC211A Run Power Supply Malfunctioning?   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

tray2100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I installed the new Q14100 and the fuse is okay but now the nothing happens at all when I press the power button. Previously it would click a few times then give up. I'm going to list the things I've checked so far:

Pin 4 on U13101 is at 4.8Vdc during stdby. It was at 4.8Vdc before I originally blew the fuse and went low when I pressed the power button. I haven't checked to see if it goes low now because I don't have an extra hand.

Pin 38 on U13101 shows only 0.2Vdc when I measured the voltages. I believe this should be 12Vdc

Pin 5 on U13101 shows a voltage around 5.4Vdc. Pin 6 on U13101 shows 5.2Vdc

So my next guess would be that there's an open or short in the path of the 12Vdc? Suggestions?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

tray2100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, since Q14100 was conducting both ways, what around it could have been damaged?
tray2100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I'm going to start checking the diodes and resistors around the flyback transformer then the transformer itself. My suspicion (a guess really) is that the transformer was on it's way out and when I blew the ac fuse I must have put it out of it's misery.

If anyone has any further suggestions, please feel free to share! Wink

Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com