Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA F27634ET: Picture Stretched and Distorted    

egypt2003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: RCA F27634ET: Picture Stretched and Distorted Reply with quote

The TV is 27" RCA F276534ET, chassis CTC187BJ. The tv works great but the picture is severely stretched. The picture is too big for the screen. I got it given to me with no remote, but I figure there must be a way to adjust the picture back to it's original format. I tried the service menu. I set V:76, but how do I do the rest. I push channel +/-, but I can't get the picture to fit in the screen and look normal. Could anyone help me with instructions on how to reset the picture. Other than that the TV works great great clear picture and clear sound. Plays video games great. Just with a stretched picture busting out of the screen with the edges cut off. The people I got the set from must have set it up this way for a reason. I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it could have bad solder joint(s) on tuner frame/shield ground point(s). Cool
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or bad Capacitor or vertical chip or Vert Lin or Vert centering missadjusted or or.

Just think of this.
Quote:
The people I got the set from must have set it up this way for a reason

This needs to be made clear. Is this an assumption or do you know for a fact that they have set it this way?? I really doubt it as 95% of the population do not even want to try to find out how to get in to the service menu much less know what to do when they get there.

note: There is no reset function!!

Jesse
egypt2003

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Thanks Jesse for the good advice Re:RCA F27634ET Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll just watch the tv as is, as it's tolerable, and play some old video games. Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to go fiddle with something and make it worse. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com