Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA f32650yx01 No sound or picture.   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

jaysin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: RCA f32650yx01 No sound or picture. Reply with quote

Hi, my mom has a RCA F32650yx01 and she called me last night and said it dont work any more. Then she told me that the green light blinks every 6 sec. and now there is a beeping or squling sound coming from it.

Im sure I can fix this as I did fix my sony, but im just not sure whats wrong with it. Any ideas? Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desolder the Collector of HOT, TL02. If the set has sound, stays on and power lite doesn't blink. Then replace the fly. TL02 could also be bad.
jaysin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I just got the tv to my house. it was at her house in chicago,Im in wisconsin. When I plug it in there is a screecking noise from a large black "thing" at the bottom back side, with a RED wire going to the top of the CRT. I know thats not some thing to just poke at. What is it? What are the right things to do? where can I get a new one? Thank you for any help.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the flyback transformer. Ness Electronics is one source. Wink
jaysin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Do I need to discharge the CRT to do this? Is there any thing I should do so I dont kill myself?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jaysin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how you doing? I just got a new flyback from "ness" in milwakee, came UPS today. I put it in just like I took it out same thing nose and all. Should I replace the TL02? What it that, what should I ask for when I order it and can I get it from Ness? Thanks Jason
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you obviously now KNOW the flyback is NOT involved. Arrow

Let's back up a couple of steps... Confused

JTS1957 wrote:
Desolder the Collector of HOT, TL02. If the set has sound, stays on and power lite doesn't blink. Then replace the fly. TL02 could also be bad.

And just so you have a fuller understanding: Desolder ("float") the Collector pin of the horizontal output transistor, TL02. If the set runs, having sound, staying turned on and the power lamp doesn't blink, THEN replace the Flyback. TL02 itself could also be defective, and can be tested with a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVM).

What was the results of doing this test?
jaysin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just wanted to say THANKS for your time and help. But Im going to school fulltime and working almost full time. Im really dont have much time to do this, so it might take me somtime to reply back with updates.

I guess I should of tryed the TL02 first, but I know what and where the flyback is, so I went that way. And now I going to start where you told me to. Can you please tell me what you mean when you say "Desolder ("float") the Collector pin"? I do have some understanding but Im not near a PRO. Where might I find the TL02? Im know I can find it but to save time what should I be looking for? Thanks agin for your time.

Ok I found it..Is it just the 3 prongs? or is it the whole board that Im looking at? It almost looks like it could all be one pice.

Jason
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm you've found the right transistor, follow the collector lead "foil." It should go directly to a pin on the Flyback transformer. Just as you had to desolder the flyback transformer pins before you could remove it, I'd like you to desolder that pin of the transistor. If necessary you could pull lead up through board to be sure. Smile
jaysin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Are we talking about the same set? I dont see any leads off the flyback going any where by TL02. There is one going to the top of the crt and the other 2 are going to the chip off the back end of the crt. The TL02 is about 3 inches in front of the flyback. I have a good picture of TL02 but Im not sure how to but them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com