Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA HD50LPW42 black/purple vertical line. tapered and rough.    

maxdes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: RCA HD50LPW42 black/purple vertical line. tapered and rough. Reply with quote

RCA HD50LPW42 50 in. Rear Projection HDTV Television has black and purple line on far right side. Not a clean vertical line but has rough edges and is tapered from thicker to narrow the further up you go. this line is semi-transparent and you can see the picture through it but it's discolored and dark. This line is about 2-3 inches at the bottom and 1/2 inch at the top, it is jagged like a break or crack would look if projected. Any help would be great.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jrat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no professional, but if I had to guess at the problem it would be some sort of debris inside the set, possibly a cracked mirror/screen.

It could be something as simple as a cobweb or a dried and fallen piece of tape.

Try wiggling the set gently while it's on, and look to see if the problem moves or twitches. If so, then debris or (hopefully not) a break is likely. If you get around to looking in the compartment behind the screen, and see no obvious debris or breaks, check down the barrels of the lenses with a flashlight for anything that appears out of the ordinary.

Again, I'm no professional. I may be entirely off base here. I'm just an RPTV "hobbyist" starting a few months ago. Razz Open up the set at your own risk.

Good luck!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com