Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
rca hd52w59 itc222a    

kylehorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: rca hd52w59 itc222a Reply with quote

my tv had a bad convergence issue. with real out of wack(bowed, or scewed) red and green.first i changed the whole convergence power supply. then i changed a ladder of resistors that consist of RP610, RP611, RP612, & RP613, all of which are 220K on the convergence power supply they were 1/4 watt but i changed them to 1/2 watt, the diode and fuse on the itc board to get the auto convergence back. it still had really bad convergence issues, like skewed red and blue lines. so the tv sat for the longest time. so the other day i decided to get it out and try to make it auto converge. but this time before i did it i purposely made the crosshairs mis-align. for example i took the red and put it way out of wack with the green. and i did the same with the blue and green. and viola, it converged and it works great. but im having an issue where the picture is a tad fuzzy. i noticed on the left of the screen that there is a green line about a millimeter or two underneath the whites and yellows and just bright lines. also on the direct right of the screen there is the same thing except with red. i dont know for sure but i beleive the is throwing the picture off. any suggestions? cause i know that this had a crystal clear picture. also i moved the tv upstairs and it was jostled a little bit. could it have mis aligned the bulbs??
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the autoconverge again

those aren't always perfect. They can usually still use a little manual convergence tweaking afterward
kylehorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have done that countless times lol. and the manual tweaking wont quite fix the outside of the tv. it wont get it perfect you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com