Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA LCDX2620W picture go's blank    

jayann

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: RCA LCDX2620W picture go's blank Reply with quote

Dear Forum,
Have had the TV for about 4 years. No problems. Until today. TV turns on and works fine for about 10 minutes. Then the picture disapears but still has sound.
I turn off the tv and turn it on again and the picture is back on again but disapears in about two minutes and still has sound.

On a cold start.
10 minutes picture go's have audio
I turn off and on again. 5 minutes picture go's have audio
I turn off and on again. 2 minutes picture go's have audio
I turn off and on again. 30 sec. pictures go's have audio

I also ran my dvd player.
picture go's 1 minute have audio.

thanks
J
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please look at your owners manual Warranty information. It is accurate in the sense that this is an exchange model only. There are no schematics or parts available through normal channels (distributors, servicers etc). The phone number at RCA (Thompson) is 1-580-634-0182. If you cannot get satisfaction there and want to do it on your own there is a website that has used parts for sale and has been found to be fairly reliable. The website is http://www.shopjimmy.com

Good Luck

Jesse
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a bad inverter
jayann

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: RCA LCDX2620W picture go's blank Reply with quote

Thanks kuhurdler & jesse for your help.
Another forum said to place a flashlight into the screen and see if I could faintly see the picture. I did and yes I could see the picture faintly. Awaiting a reply on what that means. Interesting trick.
J
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that means that everything but the backlight is still working. which could be caused by inverter, or the light itself. I have not worked on this TV as Jesse has, and cannot tell you where to get a replacement inverter. If what he is saying is true, then one may not be available
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also possible that the power supply has partially failed or that there is a ICP on the power supply that has opened up.
If you want to check this out, you will need a Volt Meter capable of measuring 15~30 VDC.. look at the wiring going to the inverter, (this board is next to the edge of the panel) your can measure all of the leads going to this board as the highest voltage is going to be around 24 VDC.
If you to not have the 20~24 VDC going to the inverter there is a chance that the power supply has failed. Be aware, however, that some units will deliberately turn off the lamps if a fault is detected, hence the voltage would be there but the lamps do not light. Thus the power supply would not be defective. The power supply just supplies the voltage, not the on/off command to the inverters. I did notice on the shopjimmy website that they do have a power supply available for this model but not an inverter. They only want $30.00 for it but there would be no guarantees that it would actually repair the set.
You can also check http://www.lcdparts.net for the inverter using pictures. but no guarantee

Jesse
edden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just resolder on all solder join on power supply should work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com