Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA Model D52W14, Chassis # ITC222 - Keeps turning off.    

AZRICK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: RCA Model D52W14, Chassis # ITC222 - Keeps turning off. Reply with quote

RCA Rear Projection TV
Model D52W14
Chassis # ITC222

I am tryin to repair this TV for my niece. It will come on and run for a while then shut itself off. If I turn it back on again, I hear a short bit of audio then it shuts down again.

I searched through RCA's website and they seemed to suggest that it is shutting down do to a voltage spike or voltage that is either too high or two low. I have checked the line voltage and it remains steady at 120.1 volts. My Flute 87 has a peak hold feature and I haven't seen any spikes. I can only conclude that there is something wrong with the TV or that there is something new for this old bird to learn. I don't have a schematic.

I suspect that the trippler may be the culprit. The Part # on it is 1606412A, however, I cannot find this number at PartStore.com. They do have what they call a splitter, PN 270625. Is this the same thing?

Oh, how I miss the days when there was a tube checker down at Walgreens! Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction?

I would be a greatful soul! Laughing

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

mariusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have repaired three of these tv's with the same chassis# and everyone had bad copacitors,I dont remember the place number on the board,but one is behind the heat sink it is hard to get to,and the other three are to the left of the heat sink, change these even if they do not look bad,and use 105degree caps.If I can remeber to bring home the book with the location of these I will and post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com