Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA model-P52926S Chassis-PTK195R16B Convergence issue    

slayerextreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: RCA model-P52926S Chassis-PTK195R16B Convergence issue Reply with quote

Hello to all....

Trying to help my friend with his TV...its a 52" RCA rear projection, about 8-10 years old......

today his screen "aquired" a dip in the top and bottom of the screen, its not terribly bad, but it does effect any writting that scrolls across the top or bottom of the screen....

was hoping somebody would give me a starting point on this.....I know its old, but he lost his Job about 5 months ago and is really struggling just to make his bills right now....

is there a common part that could be replaced that might give him a little more time with this TV....the picture is actually quite good with fair color...its just the convergence issue for now

and where is a good place to purchase the parts...

any help would be appreciated
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the search function (at top of each page), for "PTK195" for example, shows 6 items.
slayerextreme

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: I did search first,,,,,, Reply with quote

I dont have a schematic to work from.....

I was hoping that someone would confirm that the 2 diodes and the STK-730-130 is probably what needs replaced......

and I have tried to locate a place to purchase the STK-730-130 but havent been successful in locating it yet.....
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: one place to obtain Reply with quote

Try here:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-/STK730-130

If a prior thread in a forum mentions your chassis/model & thread's symptom(s) fairly closely match your sets symptom(s), sounds to me like it's probably worth a try.
Of course, as with any forum, take the information presented therein "at your own risk."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com