Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA TV/DVD Combo BD20TF10 - DVD player won't close    

Rose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: RCA TV/DVD Combo BD20TF10 - DVD player won't close Reply with quote

Good Evening, I have a RCA TV/DVD Combo BD20TF10 with a problem. My youngest child put a quarter into the DVD player which caused a jam. I very carefully pulled out the quarter, but now the DVD player will not close. It does try to close when the TV is on, but cannot as though something is blocking it. I have looked into the DVD player and do not see anything in the way that looks obvious.

Any advice as to how to close the DVD player would be appreciated. Playback would be great, but is not a priority at this point.

Thank you,
Rose
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would open it up and manually retract the DVD tray all the way. there should be a gear inside that you can rotate all the way until it is closed.
Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By opening it up, I will assume you mean to take the TV case off of the TV which then exposes the inside. Once I do that, is there a way to extract the DVD player?

Thank you for your reply!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com