Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
RCA TV ITC222 D61w20 chirps 3 times - no power   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: RCA TV ITC222 D61w20 chirps 3 times - no power Reply with quote

RCA TV ITC222 D61w20 i have a dead set. push power you can hear power supply turns on voltages look good. but no high voltage, cherps 3 times. i replaced flyback,checked vert. crt boards. .dose anybody have anything on this chassie.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Eric

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi see this tip check it out.

ITC222 dead, 3 / three strikes / pulses and then nothing.
check cp150 FIRST! 2200UF@16v located middle front deflection board
between transformer lp050 & u shaped heat sink. {cei}
ITC222 Set would power up then make sizzle noise then shut off
check for burnt CL031 cap 0087 at 1600 volt
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check CP150 a 2200M/16v
treatsdog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Hey almost same problem Reply with quote

I put a fly and a hz trans in mine no luck Have about $75.00 into mine
$799 at walmart but want to save it. My wife will not let me get a new
one.
moorema

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: cl 031 Reply with quote

Eric, what does the CL 031 do or what would cause it to burn up? I have the same problem. tried replacing the board with the burnt CL 031 and that didn't work. replaced the capacitor board and that didn't work either. what do I need to change? The only other board on the chassis?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

moorema

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: chirps Reply with quote

After replacing the board like I said it still did not work.

Solution?!
We called our local repair guy and he said that the splitter, grey cylinder with 4 red wires coming out of it, in the front pannel needed to be replaced.

So I went to do that and busted one of the picture tubes... what a joke these TV's are!
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they are not a joke, they are as dependable as any tv set on the market.
It seems that any reasonable person, that does not know how to do something, would ask, and if he does not ask he would definately not blame the manufacturer for something he did and that the manufacturer has absolutely no control over.

Your break your toy, take responsibility.

Jesse
moorema

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack

Cool off buddy. You seem to have taken my comment quite personally. However, all I can say is that after dealing with two seperate RCA TVs each with unique problems, within the same time frame, I am not impressed.

TVs used to last for 20 years before anything would go wrong and now you, and my own experience, are telling me that you can DEPEND on a TV to last for two to three years and that is just crap.

Manufacturers know how long a unit or part is good for, hence the warranty, but they also know that if they just beefed up their design a fraction they could make a GREAT, QUALITY product.

The reality is that you are probably right and these are as good as any other product on the market, but that doesn't mean that it isn't junk.

Oh, and when I posted that "I BROKE THE TUBE", I was taking responsibility for it simply by stating the fact.

Moreover, the fix that I stated for the 3 chirps on an ITC222 chassis that has gone dead is to replace the board that has the flyback and CL 031 on it, which is burnt out, and replace the splitter as stated above. Oh, and be carefull not to destroy the picture tube in the process.

Jesse I'm not trying to mollify you or anyone else who has this TV so just take the fix for what it's worth and relax. I would personally recommend just getting a new TV so that you can have another THREE years of hassle free viewing. If you can't afford that, then get an education and get a better job.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moorema,

I certainly am not taking this personally, you seem to have some miss-information about the electronics industry in general, specifically, how long they last and what warranty's do.
Understand, I am an electronics technician, and I repair televisions for a living. Your problem is NOT unique. It is a run-of-the-mill failure. Also, just because you have had a couple of sets of the same brand fail, you are condeming the entire industry.
Fact: Only about 1/2 of 1 percent of all of the TV's manufactured fail during their warranty period.
Fact: The service industry has a 4~7 year delay before we start seeing hardley ANY sets that have failed out of their warranty period.
Fact: I work on many sets that have been operating for 12 years and have failed for the first time. I see a few that have run for 15~20 years and have failed for the first time. They are seldom repaired however, due to technogy changes.
Fact: Manufacturers do have their ups and downs, just like the automotive or any other industry. However, that being said, their R&D are constantly designing much more complex devices and more features to satisfy the consumer. And their failure rate remains constant.
I am sorry if you took what I said the wrong way. I am not trying to ridicule in any way. I have always been a person advocating that EVERYBODY should have the chance to screw up, or repair, their own equipment.

Jesse
backspacepc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I replaced cp150, but I still get the 3 chirps. Would the splitter cause this problem to continue? Cp150 was swollen, therefore I know it was bad. Any one have a suggestion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com