Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Read Me First - BEFORE POSTING    
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Read Me First - BEFORE POSTING Reply with quote

1. You MUST provide your TV model number. Your model number is probably listed on the back side of the TV. If you don't provide your model number, we can't even begin to help you, and your post will likely be ignored.
2. Provide as much detail as possible about the problem and what has happened to the TV.
3. What have you tried already?
4. Pictures are worth 1000 words
5. Remember that everyone here is helping you voluntarily. No one here is paid for their time.
6. Please write clearly, spell correctly, and use actual sentences. This isn't twitter, and we won't charge you by the letter. Make it easy for us to understand so we can help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Example:
Subject: RCA F25432 - Completely Dead (((Notice ALL CAPS in Model number followed by a description of the problem?)))

RCA 25" TV
Model F25432
Chassis CTC203ax

It's completely dead.
At first the TV would flicker, and you could unplug it and plug it back in and it would work. Then there was a pop sound, followed by black smoke coming from the back. I poured water on the TV to put out the fire.

I already opened the back to check for any fuses or burnt looking components. I have a multi-meter, a soldering iron, a flame thrower, a couple of pieces of flint, and a KitKat.

Here is an awesome picture of the burnt looking thingy:
---------
--o--o--
----o----
-xxxxx-
---------
(Pictures can be uploaded to imgur or similar websites. Then provide the link to your photo here)

Thank you in advance for giving me such fine assistance.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're encouraged to post back once you've solved your problem. We'd love to help others from the experience you have gained.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com