Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung 42" TV model # HCN4226W    

slammer12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: samsung 42" TV model # HCN4226W Reply with quote

The screen colors are out of line and badly shadowed. The auto focus will not correct it. Do I need to repalce the Convergence Board # BP95-00142E? Please advise if you know.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

slammer12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Repair Part Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there that may have an answer for me on this question? Just want to be sure before I mess with it. Thanks :)
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Look at the circuit board that hangs next to the G2/Focus adjust block that is on the apron of the CRT mounting. There are two large chips on this board STK392-010 that go bad and usually have one or two resistors go bad on the same board. The part number for the board is usually printed directly on the board and should be BP94-00155A

The part number you have given is for the Dynamic Convergence Unit (DCU) and is seldom the problem. Look on the board I described and you will probably see a burn't resistor. You can alternatively replace only the chips themselves but this board is NOT very expensive.

Hope this helps

Jesse
slammer12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I am not sure where the CTR is located or how to find the circuit you mention BP94-00155A but will take a look. Where do you suggest I purchase the part if I find a burnt circuit?
slammer12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a board hanging on the right side directly in front of me. It has 2 large black pads that have STK392-040 written on them. On the housing BP82-00002A is etched on the metal side. The actual circuit board connected to the bottom of the housing has BP41-00045B. Am I loking at the correct piece?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, When I mess up with the wrong information at least I do it right. The number BP95-00142E is the correct number for the Convergence Amplifier pcb assy according to Andrews Electonics.

An alternative is to purchase from MCM http://www.mcmelectronics.com/ ($72.05) the complete board or just the integrated circuit's on this board (The stk 392-040's #18.00 each) and any bad resistors. The resistors are 1/2 to 1 watt and are very low values so checking them is simple with a meter. If you elect to replace the IC's, replace them both.I reciently found out that you can purchase from Andrews direct now. go to https://www.andrewselectronics.com and check out their website if you want to purchase the complete board ($77.00) or just the IC's ($24.00)
You will need some silicone grease for heat transfer, also available from MCM and soldering skills.

Hope this helps

Jesse

Look at the suppliers location relative to yours as shipping can be expensive.
slammer12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much...So I am on the right track. It sounds like just changing out the entire board is easiest and will not involve sodering or silecone. I think I will just try that first.
Thansk again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com