Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung DLP HLP4674W Picture goes out    

kencart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung DLP HLP4674W Picture goes out Reply with quote

Hello, I have a HLP4674W, that was given to me with this problem. It powers up, then after anywhere between 1 and 10 minutes, the picture (which is fine; not dim or distorted) goes out but the sound continues. I then hit the power button and the light will try to light once and the color wheel will repeatedly start to spin with a high pitched wine. If I unplug the set for 5 or so minutes and plug it back in, the picture will come on again but for a shorter time before going back out. all the fans run, though it seems like maybe an over heating problem. A bad heat sensor? The 3 lights on the front blink, and the lamp and ballast have been replaced. Are these symptoms of a bad DMB board? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with the color wheel if it is whining.....If the color wheel is not spinning at the rate it should, the set will shutdown.

BP96-00250A $83.25 @ Encompass
kencart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: re: inkedivxx Reply with quote

i was wondering about that however when the picture is up it is perfect and it doesnt distort or anything as it goes out; just goes black. also it only whines when its powering up, not when its running. could that still be the wheel?
Inkedivxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is any whine coming from the set, it is the bearings in the wheel going bad. This wheel is notorious for bad bearings......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com