Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung hcm4216wx has sound but no picture    

jasonc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: samsung hcm4216wx has sound but no picture Reply with quote

samsung 42" projection tv
model HCM4216WX

The problem started with the tv picture taking 5 minutes to come on, then 10 minutes, then 15...eventually taking 30 minutes to get a picture. Now it has sound but no picture at all no matter how long it's on. I took the cover off and there are no obvious problems. I have a good multimeter and electrical experience (mostly automotive).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Jason
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplug connector GT404 (Screen) on the sub pcb (This is the board that has the HV transformer on it. This transformer has a big red wire coming out of the top of it.) GT404 will be close to the transformer.

If set powers on after unplugging this connector, you will have to purchase a new red crt pcb and make a modification to the sub pcb.

Jesse
jasonc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to clarify. The tv allways powered up and had sound but slowly lost picture.Now there is no picture. I found gt404 and disconnected wire (pink). There was no change. what should the voltage be at gt404? Any other Ideas? what to check next?

Thanks,
jason
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be carefull, the DC level can be anywhere between 150 VDC and 800 VDC depending on current draw.
I apparently had a brain cramp and missed that you still had sound.

You need to do a visual check of IC301 vertical Ic for signs of heating. look at CRT boards for signs of overheating resistors. Check connector CNZ03 pins 1 & 4 for + and - 20 VDC. Do a visual for burnt resistors around convergence chips. (two large heat sinks side by side)

Hope this helps.

Jesse

Note: Going hunting for moose with 12 year old granddaughter all of next week. (I live in Alaska)
jasonc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 22.86v on the + and 1.566v on the - of cnz03. little fuse (10A)in the - circuit is blown. What would cause this fuse to blow?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely have bad convergence IC's. The fuse opens as a direct result of too much current being drawn by the convergence IC's. Replace them as a pair and do a careful visual of the low value 1 watt resistors in and around the convergence IC's. When the IC's go bad, many times there is a resistor or two that burn up due to the excessive current.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
jasonc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the bad little fuse and a bad ic diode. I could not find the parts for it so I bought a remanufactured power/deflection board. problem solved.
Thanks for your help!

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com