Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HCP4752W disassembly   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. They are in pairs. Many of todays fusable resistors will simply pop and only have a tiny bit of its covering material spit off. You almost have to remove them and examine them carefully to see the defect. Sometimes they overheat and that is fairly easy to see. If they are bad without the heating the short had to occur suddenly.

Make sure you do not damage the board when replacing the chips and clean off the heat transfer grease and replace with fresh. (the white gouey stuff that gets on everything) .

Hope this helps

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... so I'm guessing that if 5 of the pairs read 2.2, and one of the pairs seems to read open, (my digital meter goes up to 200ohm), I should replace these, correct? Any clues as to where to find these? I can't find 3.9 ohm 1/2 watt fusible resistors over at mouser (where I normally order parts).

Also, if this is the case, would you bother swapping out the convergence chips? Or just replace the resistors and see what happens? From what I understand the chips are 3 channels, and there are 2 so that you have vertical and horizontal alignment for for all 3 colors. If the circuit responsible for blue vertical is dead, would that cause this problem? Should I replace them STK's, or just hold on to them knowing that I eventually will have to?

Also, I have a really good dissection microscope, so I can get a good look at the resistor once removed.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately replace the chips. They are the CAUSE of the open resistors.
The OEM resistors are available here: http://www.andrewselectronics.com and part number is 2008-001155 and cost 1.65 each. or you can go here: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/ for the chips and resistors except you will have to get generic resistors.

Replace BOTH chips or you will be back in within a short time.

Jesse
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I have the chips on order and on the way, will put in an order for the resistors immediately! Any downside to generic as long as they are within spec? Also, are flameproof acceptable to replace the fusible with? I don't have a username for the first site, and the second site I only see flameproof, not fusible.

BTW, let me know where I should donate some money to you/the site/etc at. You all have been awesome.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrews dows not require a username and I would use fusable if possible.

Jesse

Where on this planet are you by the way.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonesboro, Arkansas (yes! we do have electricity!)
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Fairbanks, Alaska, and no, we do not live in Igloos. Laughing

It must be getting late there. I am at 5:00 PM

Jesse
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could help me source the part (I've tried mouser, digikey, that site you sent, etc and I still can't find it) I'd be very appreciative.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to andrews website, click on order parts, click on "click here" on the 4th line of text then on order parts and then enter the part number.

Boy thats clear? Mr. Green

Jesse
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah, stupid me. I thought you could only buy if you already had a username etc... I requested one and it said it takes up to 24 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com