Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HCP4752WX/XAA Blue convergence.    

SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Samsung HCP4752WX/XAA Blue convergence. Reply with quote

I have a Samsung HCP4752WX/XAA rear proejection with convergence problems. The blue gun is way out. It was fine yesterday morning, when I turned in on in the afternoon it was way out. No fading to bad, simply went from good to horrible without going in between. The Blue pinches vertically towards a point on the right half of the screen. Auto refocus etc doesn't seem to work, and I can't seem to get it to want to vertically adjust manually...

I have attached a photo of the MUTE,1,8,3 screen to demonstrate.

I've never tackled TV repair, but am well versed in soldering, minor electronic work etc, and have tools at my disposal.

If I was guessing (again, not a TV repair guy, just judging by general electronic knowledge) the Red and the Green are in line and look good, the Blue is out of whack, and did so suddenly. Is it possible that one of power lines to something for the alignment logic went dead (open resistor, burned out, etc)? Is there a service manual that I can get? If it is something that will take a long time to fix, that is alright (I wouldn't mind the learning experience, and it is broke to the point of unusable). If it is something that'll cost a more in parts than the TV is worth let me know.

Thanks!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of STK392-010 ICs, check the values of the bias resistors, make sure any fuses are O.K. and you should be good to go. Wink
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with TV repair... any diagram etc on where to start looking for said parts and what pins should be what voltages etc?
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one of those on the back part of the board (large chip, with large heat sink)... should there be more than one on the board?
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found both of them.... Any suggestion as to where to buy as to avoid counterfeit parts etc?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend buying them from Acme. They are good company, and a sponsor of this website. The link is at the Top Left
SnakesAndStuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... After I get the board out etc I'll probably have more questions... but does anyone have a service manual for the TV and/or know the specs to be looking for (IE, voltage at the bias resistor, etc)
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need it (for this repair). Cool

Any relation to the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote's ACME? Beep-Beep! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com