Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung hdtv model# hcn473w   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Wendell1980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Samsung hdtv model# hcn473w Reply with quote

i had replaced bad stk's in the set and replaced some burnt resistors, the set works fine execpt blue is bowing at the top and bottom of the screen.
The resistors i replaced are heating up, they are rz127,rz128,rz130a,rz130 on the convergance board
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not say if the set ever worked properly (without the bow and heating resistors) after replacing stk's!

If it did, you most likely have a repeat failure of stk.

If it did not, recheck with loup and bright light your soldering work. No offense, easy to create solder bridge and not catch it.

Only other possible culpret would be the convergence DCU. If this has failed, it can cause similar symptom. If the DCU has failed, your set will require a major convergence, template and all.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Wendell1980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea the green was bowed when i first took a look at it, thanks for the info i will recheck for solder splashes when go back to look at the set this week.
the guy spent 350 on the set from toronto and its was supposed to be working and really wants to keep it.
Wendell1980

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had another look at the tv today the dcu seems ok the convergance board burnt out again.so far looks like the the resistors rz128 and rz129 went up in smoke again, the color code on the resistors where badly burnt i think they are 4 ohms apiece maybe i am wrong.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that a defective DCU can cause STK failures.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Wendell1980

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i finally found time to order and replace the dcu board, the convergance amp pcb its fine now no more blowing ic's or resistors.
but now its needs the template for alignment i am guessing i will have to locate one or try to make it.
also another issue i seen with this set is a red horiz line in the middle of the set must be atleast 6-8 inches long is it possible one of the guns was damaged when the dcu and convergance blew?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wendell,

No one has stock that I can see. However they do not say that it is not available.
The part number for the template is JIG-47SCREEN
As to the red line. If the Line is curved and not absolutely straight it is probably a reflection cause by the severe missconvergence. Go into the convergence mode and move the red centering and see if the line moves also. If it does it is a missconvergence problem only.
The cost of the template is high. (around $90.00) Another thing. The convergence procedure is long and involved. It also must be done in both the standard and HDTV mode.
If the procedure is not done as written you will spend DAYS, not hours trying to get it right and then probably without success.
The best price was here: http://www.encompassparts.com

Hope this helps

Jesse
Wendell1980

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info jesse if i can't get the template i will just have someone with the proper gear come by to do it for me
Wendell1980

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally got the jig for it but that red line i mentioned in an earlier post its the green crt i think its the gun line hasn't moved so i can replace the gun, have it rebuilt or get a used good one off ebay
the guns number is p16lfm00hha(tu), i found one from ebay with the numbers p16lfm00hha(lu) on it.
these maybe interchangeable but i am not sure.
Wendell1980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the line is burnt into the green gun i will send it out to get rebuilt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com