Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HL-P5063W Color wheel repair HELP!    

bspeelman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Samsung HL-P5063W Color wheel repair HELP! Reply with quote

I have replaced the color wheel for my samsung HL-P5063W with the correct new air bearing wheel BP67-00099A but now my tv does not even turn on! It used to come on and screech, but now nothing... I did remove the jumper on the panel with a needle nose, but still nothing! There are two lights on the front lamp (green light) and stanby/Temp (red light) what is wrong now anybody know??? All help would be greatly appreciated.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

rbotz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLP5063w Reply with quote

Did you ever figure out what your problem was with this. I have the exact same problem you mentioned. I know that that is the code for the lamp door being open, but I have that switch taken care of, but still the same error code.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most common reply will be (HAVE YOU REINSTALLED THE LAMP DOOR TO ACTIVATE THE SAFETY SWITCH?)

If you have not done this or at least bypassed the switch the set will not function.

Jesse
rbotz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Samsung HLP5063W Reply with quote

I used a short on the door switch to bypass it and no difference.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
Things in a row are ---
1: When you plug the unit in, do the fans run for a few moments?
2: When you installed the color wheel, the flexible pcb from the color wheel that your have to plug in, are you sure you did not insert it backwards, This is important. Some connectors have contacts that will make contact regardless of which way you plug in the flexible connector and some connectors do not. If the connector has the u shaped contacts it is even possible to damage the new color wheel. If the connector has contacts only on one side simply reversing the flexible pcb will repair. Do not guess, as that usually costs money. Wink
3: Make sure you have reconnected all sensors. thermal etc. It is very easy to have a lead fall to the side and then hide from view when reassembling.

Hope this helps

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com