Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA Loud Bang    

jimbaclot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Samsung HLP5063WX/XAA Loud Bang Reply with quote

To Whom may help me,

I left my TV on overnight. When I got home I continued to watch it until it broke. It broke with a loud bang, and the TV flashed. The picture went to a purplish color with lines running through it (though I could still see the images).
I, then, turned the TV off. It was off a couple days now, and if I push power it repeatedly tries to fire up the lamp with a low hissing noise, and the regular click I'm used to hearing when I turn it on. The screen doesn't change and eventually it stops with all the indicator lights on the power button lit up (timer, standby, lamp).

So, I was hoping someone could identify what happened, what is broke, and what I need to do to fix it.

this is what is on the side
model code: HLP5063WX/XAA
serial number:38463ckxa04599f

It had a bulb replaced last summer I guess-- I didn't do it though.

Thanks
jim

IS THAT BETTER????

Last edited by jimbaclot on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jimbaclot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a correction it doesn't seem like an unusual noise when it tries to start up now just tries multiple times to start up its a low hiss and a click everyonce in a while (as what id does when it starts usually

and the lights are: lamp, timer, standby/temp light up on the power button after it stops trying
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out your description when you don't use any punctuation. I'd like to help you, but I don't want to have to work that hard to decode your description.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find owners manual.
If you cannot find, download it from the Samsung website. (Assuming that you have access.)
Read Manual.
I know, that is the most difficult thing all consumers can do.
All of the error codes are in the owners manual.
It even shows you how to remove the Lamp.
Imagine that.
After you remove the lamp, look at it. If there are particles of glass inside of the lamp, it is bad.

Jesse
jimbaclot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lamp looked fine when I took it out nothing rattling around nothing looked broke.

The manual offers no advice (except make sure wall outlet is working).
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jimbaclot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I was hoping someone could tell me if it sounded like the color wheel was broken, or if I just need to replace the lamp. If I just have to replace the lamp great, but I don't really want to order a new lamp to find out it doesn't need to be replaced. Would a lamp make that loud bang I heard when it broke or would that only come from a spinning colorwheel. Just can't imagine a light breaking making that much noise.
Anybody know these DLPs?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loud bang possibly caused by capacitor venting on the ballast or power supply. Look for bulged tops of the electrolytic capacitors.

Jesse
davidnguyen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: The same problem Reply with quote

My TV had the same problem. When it's turned on, the noise likes the sound of saw machine working. No picture or raster, the lamp indicator flashing
When I unplugged the cable of the color wheel, the sound stopped.
Is it a color wheel? I want to be sure before order it. Please help me
How can I get the service manual (HLP5063WX/XAA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com