Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
samsung ln-s2651dx/xaa has sound no pic but back light works    

oldmanjerry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: samsung ln-s2651dx/xaa has sound no pic but back light works Reply with quote

I opened it up and found on the powersupply board in the top right corner was a 470mfd 25v hi temp cap bad/bloated & I didn't have the same size so I replaced it with a hi temp 100mfd 25v cap which didn't change anything. I did notice that the screen changes from light black to dark black when you change sources, channels, or when feeding composite video & you disconnect the video cable. this unit will not even display the menu. any ideas on where to go from here?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting in the "correct" value cap. ($100.00 = $470.00? I think not.) Shocked
oldmanjerry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: samsung ln-s2651dx/xaa has sound no pic but back light works Reply with quote

oops! I meant 1000mfd cap. I will replace w/right one as soon as I locate it.
oldmanjerry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: samsung ln-s2651dx/xaa has sound no pic but back light works Reply with quote

I replaced the cap with the right size & I still have no pic. I checked voltages on the ribbons connecting the PS to the main board & all look ok. any suggestions?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have OSD. (On Screen Display(Menu))? If you do have OSD, then the problem is most likely in the source and not the TV.

If the backlights are on when the set loses video after it has been on for a while, most likely the LVDS cable is defective. If the set has backlights but no video when it is first turned on, the T/Con or Main Board would probably be at fault.

Check the simple things first, like a LVDS cable that is not plugged in properly or has a loose pin or corrosion. usually unplugging and replugging will confirm or simply wiggle the cable while the set is on. Also check the power connector to the panel from the IP (power pcb) (if there is a separate one) being loose.

If you have an O'scope you can monitor the LVDS cable for activity. If there is activity on the LVDS cable the main board is most likely OK

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

oldmanjerry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: samsung ln-s2651dx/xaa has sound no pic but back light works Reply with quote

I have no OSD & no video info the whole time. when you press the source, channel or menu buttons the back lights dim some & when you disconnect the video source it also will dim. I figured I would try the cables first since that would be the easiest but that didn't help. I am beginning to wonder if when that cap went it allowed some ac into that lcd drive processor & took it out. thoughts?? any one now where I can find that main board cheap?? I am trying to repair this under my wifes radar.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing can be expensive:
If you have a friend use an O'scope to determine failure board.
It can also be a bad panel or even a bad LVDS cable.

Unlikely capacitor caused failure.

Parts are available here: http://www.andrewselectronics.com/welcome.aspx

BN94-00863A = Main board = $180.60
BN81-01686A = T-Con = $60.45 and is only for panel LTA260W2-L13
BN81-01900A = T-Con = $156.05 and is only for panel T260XW02

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com