Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo 55" PLV-55WHD1 projection screen green spots    

redrose2478

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Sanyo 55" PLV-55WHD1 projection screen green spots Reply with quote

I have an Sanyo 55' inch television that has green spots on it that seems that don't want to come off. We have tried everything we know to fix the problem which did't work. I need some advice on what's wrong with it and how do we fix it. We love this tv and we don't want to take it to the junkyard yet any ideas. thanks in advance.

I also included an photo take a look

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp157/redrose2478/Sanyo%2055%20inch/television.jpg
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looks like you have a LCD projection but cannot be sure.

What is the Model of the set?
Have you had the screen off?
If you have, is there one or three optics?

Difficult to advise without knowing for sure which technology you have.

Jesse
WoR496

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he has a PLV-55WHD1
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a LCD Projection TV. If the spots are relatively small, diffused and do not move relative to the picture shown, the problem will be dust/dirt inside of the light engine. The service manual shows how to clean, but it is highly likely that you will make the problem worse instead of better even if you have the service manual. These engines are assembled in a "clean room". If the green spots are very large and diffused the light engine would have to be replaced as there are no parts available for the inside's of light engines.

Make sure that you are describing the problem correctly as there is a similar symptom. If the spots are not always green but vary depending on what is shown, for instance on a white screen it will produce a gray spot. If this is the case then the problem is dust on the optical lense. This is easily corrected by removing the screen and cleaning the optics.

I hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com