Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo AVM-2503 dead    

lee79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sanyo AVM-2503 dead Reply with quote

We were watching tv last night and suddenly the tv just cut off. So i attempted to turn it back on. It makes a clicking sound like its coming on and one second later it makes the same clicking noise. Thats all it does...No picture, sounds, static, or anything else except for the two clicks. I assume the first click is it trying to come on and the second click is turning it self off. I removed the cover and inspected the circuit board. I see no obvious problems and the fuse is fine. I also checked for opens and shorts but still no problems found yet. Does anyone have any idea's or maybe a schematic. All sugestions are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lee
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF "No obvious problems" ?covers bad solder joints?
Check IC001 pin # 4 ~ 135Volts?
lee79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

I checked pin 4 and there is only 23volts coming to it. It only measures 23v when i turn the tv on but it only stays on for barely one second. What does that mean? It appears that c301 could be possibly bad. Its a cap with a flat frontside but the back is buldged out (like a pimple) and its the only one that looks that way on the board. It appears to be made out of ceramic...Is that the normal look for that cap or do you think its bad? Would you happen to know the value of that cap (the markings are too far gone to be readable). Thanks for the help...Lee
JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C301 Picture? I don't have the correct schematic (using similar Question AVM-1903 & AVM2003) they don't show a C301 in location list or parts list.

IC501 (micro) pin 31 = 5 Volts "ON"?
Q022 Collector 18 volts? Stand-by (All Time) If not C022 suspect.
lee79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the all the help. I took it to school and put it on a function generator to simulate the circuit. Three caps are bad and the flyback transformer is also shot. Parts alone is about $45 and its not worth that much. I would be lucky to sell it for $30. Anyways, the new parts would put to much stress on the old parts and probably would not last 6months before something else failed. So i am going to take all the good stuff (especially the transformers) and probably just make me a Amp for the car. Thank you for all the help...It was greatly appreciated...Lee
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com