Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo DP32746 won't fully power up.    

B24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Sanyo DP32746 won't fully power up. Reply with quote

Sanyo Vizon 32 inch LCD TV
Model DP32746
Chassis P32746-01

My tv clicks as normal when you push the power button, but nothing happens after that. I've been having this problem for about a month or so. At first if I clicked the power button, the tv would finally come on about 3-5 minutes later. Then the times started getting longer and longer until it reached an hour between hitting the power button and the tv actually coming on.

Once it got to an hour, I just started leaving the tv on all the time until I could find a tv repair shop. Found out my town and as far as I can tell no towns around me have one.

Today I turned the tv off. Now it clicks when you push power, but after 4 hours still nothing.

I have found that if I change the channel to an analog channel without a station, I can hear white noise on and off. Hear it for a second and then it goes away for a second and so on. And no I can't see what channel I'm changing to, but I know that if I hit channel up from the HDMI input it brings me to the analog channels.

Once I started having these problems I called Sanyo and I was one month past my warranty expiration so they weren't much help. The guy on the phone said it could be the power supply or the lcd controller. He sounded like he was guessing, but I don't know.

I have not taken the tv apart to see what may be wrong inside. I probably wouldn't know if there was anything wrong. But looking at the back of the tv on the upper left side there is some warmth I can feel from touching the back plastic.

I've found a power supply for this model, but don't want to buy and replace it unless that is the problem. The one I found is $109 and I don't have the money to replace parts that aren't bad.

Any help diagnosing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not hsave access to Sanyo information, but you are describing a power supply problem. If you try to do this yourself, the power supply is usually the one that has the power cord going to it. There will be many large Electrolytic capacitors, usually black in color on this board. Look for Capacitors that have a domed top. Kind of like they are going to blow their top. If you see any of these, Replacing them will probably repair your set. (the value of these typically run between 1000 and 3200MFD at somewhere between 16 and 35 Volts DC and the values are printed on the sides of the capacitors.

Jesse
B24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse, thanks for your reply.

I've opened up my lcd and none of the capacitors look domed or ready to blow their top. Could one or more of them still be bad? If so I will just order the capacitors and replace them. Or could it be something else?

Also I don't know if this means anything but with the back cover off I tried to turn the tv on and there is a red light that flashes on for a second and then off and keeps repeating that. The red light is on the tuner board.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com