Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo DS35580 TV Help Needed!!!!!!    

mccall3815

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Sanyo DS35580 TV Help Needed!!!!!! Reply with quote

Please help, I have a sanyo 32 inch tv that worked for about 3hrs and then quit. It keeps saying that its not getting signal from the antenna. I've tried to hook the dvd player, DTV, and the play station and it keeps saying the same thing. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your model number is correct it's a 35" TV.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you say you're connecting DVD player or playstation to one of the "line input" jacks AND THEN switching the set to that SAME Line input and the TV screen keeps saying that its not getting signal from the antenna?
mccall3815

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a bit bigger than a 32 but I didn't bother to measure it.

There's only one jack that I can plug the dvd or playstation in too. There are only 2 input modes that I can get to and thats Video and whatever the regular mode is. It played dvd's for 3 hrs and then the screen went off. All I get now is it saying that it cannot find any antenna
JTS1957

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it will / won't let you toggle back and forth between "Tuner" and "Video"?

What I'm trying to find out is if the "cannot find any antenna" message appears on BOTH "Tuner" and "Video" modes. Is this correct?
mccall3815

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When its on the tuner mode it comes up and says unable to find antenna. When its on video mode it just stays blue. No words or anything just bright blue.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I'm going to assume you DO have an antenna (or Cable) actually connected - that eliminates that as a possibility).

Does a DVD (or other item) work when connected (and switched) to Video?

When on Tuner WITH A GOOD ANTENNA OR CABLE connected, can you manually key in channels (ANY active channel between 2 to 6 AND/OR 7 to 13, AND/OR 14 to ?) in your area? Does the On Screen Display acknowledge your keying in each channel? If you get "unable to find antenna" for all three bands, Tuner or tuner control is defective.
mccall3815

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives me the same message for all 3 bands. Is the tuner or tuner control worth getting fixed? Or should I just get a new TV?
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTS1957 wrote:
(I'm going to assume you DO have an antenna (or Cable) actually connected - that eliminates that as a possibility).

Does a DVD (or other item) work when connected (and switched) to Video?

When on Tuner WITH A GOOD ANTENNA OR CABLE connected, can you manually key in channels (ANY active channel between 2 to 6 AND/OR 7 to 13, AND/OR 14 to ?) in your area? Does the On Screen Display acknowledge your keying in each channel? If you get "unable to find antenna" for all three bands, Tuner or tuner control is defective.

It's hard to proceed further if you don't answer the questions asked Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com