Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sanyo HDMI Handshake    

CoolHandPuke

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Sanyo HDMI Handshake Reply with quote

Hi guys been to the service menu area but doesnt seem to work!

Now I have a Sanyo hung on the wall 32" and I dont wanna take it off yet so for now its just a Sanyo.

The problem I have is the HDMI(HDPC?) is terrible, seems the handshake is very unstable.

Basically If I switch from one source to another HDMI (auto) comes up in top right coner and keeps flashing in and out of sync for sometimes ages.

Its basically driving me mad, so I was thinking maybe there is a setting in the service menu that can allow me to turn of the (auto) setting of HDMI?

Dont know whether this will work or what but any idea would be GREATLY appreciated, before I pull my last straggle of hair out!!!

CHP
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of HDMI is AUTOMATIC switching of resolutions, display rate's and to check if you are trying to copy something you should not be trying to copy. If it is having trouble switching I would see if there is a firmware upgrade that can be performed. I would also make sure you are using a high quality HDMI cable. Also, please be aware that going into the service menu without really knowing what your are doing can result in a completely inoperable tv!! Confused
That being said, I do not think anyone can be of much help without a Model number?? Wink
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention whether it EVER was working correctly.

If it was working correctly at one point in the past, what changed?

Jesse is right in that it's hard to do ANY research without specific Model/Chassis info. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com