Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SANYO HT32546 convergence problem   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: SANYO HT32546 convergence problem Reply with quote

Hi, I have a:

SANYO HT32546
Chassis # - 132546-04

This unit was bought new about 15 months ago and was moved once to its viewing place and not moved since. A few days ago I turned on the TV and the convergence is whacked (can seee multi-colored blurry lettering. It is soooo blurry I can't read any menus ( or the volume/channel). I have read online that you can set the convergence of a CRT monitor by discharging the CRT, breaking the glue on the rings behind the yoke and then adjusting. I didn't know if there is a convergence board in this model or if the "ring method" would be the way to do it. It worked great until this happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don;t have the receipt so the place I bought it from won't offer any kind of refund...etc so if it is a board I can buy and install or something of the like that would be great. I spent like $300 on the TV and I would hate to have to pay a repairman 2-$300 just to swap a converence board etc if I can manage without Wink
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: SANYO HT32546 convergence problem Reply with quote

If rings are sealed - Leave 'em alone! Rings greatly affect "center convergence" and "Purity" - NOT edge convergence.
domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that, will do. Any idea on what could be the culprit and/or if there is a replaceable convergence board that might rectify the problem?

Thanks in advance
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the Service Manual:
Quote:
Purity and Convergence have been aligned at the factory. No Re-alignment is necessary.
domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that is correct, in most cases. However, I am fairly confident that it is my screen that went blurry and rainbow colored and not my eyesight Razz

So I didn't know if there was a "chip" for the convergence that could "go out", or a board that might have fried..etc. I was also wondering if it wasn;t the convergence what other failures could make the online text be blurry (unreadable) and multi-colored as well as the displayed video. If you need me to post photos of what the display looks like (if my feeble attempt at descriptors has failed) I can do so, just let me know Smile
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the set to shift convergence like you describe, it would usually experience a rather large force to cause it. ie was dropped.

The first logical question would be: Is it doing this with any / all inputs? Second, problem in center of the screen or the edges or both?

There is NO convergence ICs that I can see in the service manual. Many, many adjustments for the EEPROM, and set has a "digital" board that, I suppose could mimic a convergence problem. How are the digital effects?
domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the set wasn't dropped or beaten ( unless my elderly mother beat it because she didn;t like a verdict on Matlock (lol)) but highly unlikely. We carried it in, unboxed it and it sat on her stand for 14 months.

It does it with ALL inputs (even air antenna) but the audio works fine

It is the whole screen. It looks out of focus and there is green, red, blue shadowing everywhere (so it makes the picture with red/green/blue outlines.(kind of like an old 3-d movie)

The menus are totally unreadable, even the service menu as is the channel, date, time...etc

I left it on for about 10 minutes and the shadowing got less, the color came back more, and the menus are almost readable but it still has some "convergence-like" issue. It looks like if I could line up the color shadows (converge?) that it would be fine again lol

would it help if I took some screen pictures?

Are there any fine adjustment knobs behind the back cover?

A focus issue? (as the menus look blurry as well as NOT converged)

Last edited by domwebhost on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost ALL adjustments are "Digital."

SM has troubleshooting chart for "No Video" but you say doing it on all inputs.

I'm edging towards the digital module. Make sure the power lines are 1.8V; 3.3V; 5V; 9V & 31volts and are "clean."

A5500 1AA0B10B29300 Assy, PWB, Digital
Non-servicable part. No discreet parts provided for this P.C. board.
domwebhost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I tried to google the "digital module" and didn;t come up with any hits. Is this television destined for the scrap heap? Are you pretty much recommending a new or rebuild/reburnt control board?

When it is on a pure black screen there is a slight flashing in the background black, and (after leaving it on for about 30 min) the picture doesn;t seem to be "tighening up" anymore

The text is just outside the realm of "readable" lol

Last edited by domwebhost on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try googling the part number.
I'm saying if the power supply voltages are all there, Sanyo only supports replacement of board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com