Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Service menu code for panasonic CT-32XF56    

garberfc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Service menu code for panasonic CT-32XF56 Reply with quote

I've searched for but can't find the code for the model mentioned in the subject.

I found the thread for Panasonic, and specifically the section for CRTs. It doesn't work for my TV...

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

F
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is:

Since you have not given a symptomatic condition, I can only guess as to the reason for wanting to access the service menu.

That being said please note: Service menu's are not for repairing a tv set. They are for alignment and adjustments only.

You have a DX1 Chassis and if you have a symptomatic failure I would be glad to help.

Jesse
garberfc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jessi,

Thanks for the response.

The TV is about 8 years old and over time the overscan has gotten worse. Also, the brightness is turned up all the way, but the darks are generally closer to blacks.

I figure both those problems can be addressed in the service menu.

Thanks,

Frank
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually part(s) drift in value with age. (i.e. Vertical stretches (overscans) or shrinks (underscans) is a very common symptom).
You may be able to temporarily compensate with an adjustment for the drifting part(s), but part(s) usually will continue to drift.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again frank.

Quote:
Also, the brightness is turned up all the way, but the darks are generally closer to blacks.

This is usually either a crt (picture tube) that is getting weak or you have a chassis problem. Since the G2 is physically on the back of the IHVT you can turn it up. Be carefull as you are dealing with quite high voltage levels and you will not forget it if you get shocked.

On the back of the IHVT there will be two controls. One for focus and the other for G2. If you turn the G2 up to high, the set will go into shutdown. However, turning it up just a little may get you by. The first symptom of the G2 being up too high will be retrace lines going diagonally across the screen. Set the G2 just under this point.

On of the symptoms of a crt getting weak will be a poor gray scale. The best way to check this is to watch a B&W program. If you have cable, the history channel broadcasts a lot of B&W. If there is a tint of color to the screen while watching a B&W program your crt is fading.

As to the overscan, Does the picture "breath" when the brightness is turned up or down??

Like I said before, The service menu is not the way to "fix" your tv. Most people make the problem worse rather than better. (no offence)

Hope this helps

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com