Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Service menu code for Panasonic TC21L3CH 21" CRT Televi    

abc_sk2002

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Service menu code for Panasonic TC21L3CH 21" CRT Televi Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic TC21L3CH 21" CRT Television. I need to enter into service menu to adjust the display. Can anybody help me to enter into service menu by providing the code for entering service menu?

Thanks & regards.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you already try the one listed here?
abc_sk2002

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have tried almost all relevant to TVs, but none of them worked. Pl help.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check your Model number again, Panasonic has not made a TC-21L anything since 2002. Also, see if there is a manufacture date printed on the back of the set. It's possible your set does not have a service menu.

Is this just a TV or a TV/VCR?

I have looked on Panasonic's Website and the model you have listed is not a good model number for the time period electronic downloadable manuals have been available and is not listed on their web site, and is not listed on all available cd-rom's.

Jesse
abc_sk2002

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are correct. This is a model of 1995.

This does NOT required a single service till now from 1995 and it is running absolutely as good as new. That's why I am not willing to change; I have a personal attachment with it.

Only some days earlier my 5 year old kid was playing with remote and suddenly the service menu got displayed and some settings got changed. Now, I am not able to go into the service menu to reset the thing.

Any help will be really helpful for me.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, On this age of unit, if there is a service menu, it is a area that it is very easy to do more harm than good. That being said, it would be very helpful if you could describe the symptomatic conditions. It is possible that the child was not in the service menu but in a consumer sub menu. If I had a better idea what you are trying to change, my advice would be much more on target.
Back in that era, many of the sets did not have a service menu and all adjustments were physical controls.
For example, I found an old manual for a 1991 manual and there were no service menu's at that time.
I also found an old manual for a 1997 multinational and service menu's were available at that time.
Is your set a multinational unit???

Jesse
abc_sk2002

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problems are
1. Picture has moved to right side by 1-2 inches
2. picture looked to little big bigger like zoom picture of current days televisions sets.

I remember one option was displayed extra during that particular time: with the "Function" botton of the remote one extra option was coming "V-Hold" with normal options like Colour, Brightness, Contrast, Tone, Sharpness.

I am very much skeptical on the fate of the set on any Hardware repair unless it is becoming absolutely necessary, because the spares may not be available or matching with required specification.

I cannot say whether it is a multinational unit; but I have seen on most of the primary components has printed labels "made in Japan".
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go,
You will need the original remote for the set, not the cable or universal remote.

A: Simultaneously press the Recall button on the remote control unit and the Volume down button on the tv set. The TV in the Normal mode changes to check mode. "CHK" will appear on the screen in the upper right corner.
B: Press the Function button to select the required adjustment.
C: Press the Volume "up" or "down" button on the TV set to change value.
D: To memorize the Adjustment data: Let the OSD disappear and press normal on the remote control, or if OSD is being displayed, press normal key twice.

BE ADVISED, THIS AREA IS NOT FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON AND IF YOU SCREW UP YOUR TV SET YOU HAVE ONLY ONE PERSON TO BLAME.

Good Luck

Jesse
abc_sk2002

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of tries as per method described I remained unsuccessful. I tried with original remote control supplied with the TV. Still failed. Any more option to try?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com