Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR2 wont come on   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

FlareSideG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR2 wont come on Reply with quote

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR2. When I power it on, the green light stays on for about 7 seconds (w/no picture) then goes out and a few seconds later the red standby light flashes exactly 9 times. Any help would be great thank you!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 Blinks

Panel Error.

Failure may be Panel, D4 or D5 board.

Determine which by observing panel at turn on. View TV from the front in a dark room. If left half lights briefly but right half does not light before shutdown problem is likely D4 board. If right side lights but left does not problem is likely D5 board. If both sides light look at entire screen closely to determine whether a single light is burned out. If so change panel. If panel does not light at all verify LVDS cable is properly connected from the BE2 board to the T-CON board and troubleshoot main power supply.

The D4 and 5 board id's are printed on the boards themselves. They are located on the upper left and right positions.

Hope this helps.

Jesse
FlareSideG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Hey Jesse thank you for your reply I will check on it tomorrow and keep you updated. The 9 blinks on another site said it was a coupl of diods on the G Board but I looked for the numbers and they did not exsist on this particular G Board. Im guessing they are on an older model or a sony Wega perhaps.

Thanks again for lookin out for me, I havent heard anything from anyone else on other tv websites so you've been a help just by giving me this suggestion. I'll try it out tomorrow and let ya know. I do recall the screen flashing for a sec but I didnt check if it was on one side.

Greg
FlareSideG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I decided to try it now and its looking to me like the whole screen lights up. The center is slightly darker but it looks normal, not like a bulb is out in the center but I could be wrong. So you suggest buying a whole new panel?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tubes on this set run left to right I believe. You also need to examine both the D boards and the G board for expanded caps. (they look like the top is trying to push their way out
Unfortunately, you will find that the panel is VERY expensive and many times costs more than the set retails for.

Good Luck

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

FlareSideG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent found anything that looks like its expanding. Can you check this site out for me and see if its accurate and changing the G Board might just do the trick? Here's the site... http://www.ecoustics.com/tl/15444/

Thanks again Jesse!
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's probably accurate for one particular model... but it doesnt say what model that is. It probably has portions that are similar on many other models.
FlareSideG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is no D 6116 or D 6301 on my g board so I was wondering since there are other "D 6___" on the g board, would replacing the g board make it work again. Just a thought. If its going to be a pricey situation where I have to buy a new panel then I might just yank the speakers and put em in my car lol
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 blinks changed for the LCD direct view units. In the past 9 blinks was for zero cross errors on the G board of CRT based sets.

Jesse
FlareSideG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok I gotcha. So my next step I guess is to remove the metal "framework" that holds the chip boards so I can see the panel lights and power it up from there (being careful of course). I'll keep ya posted. If anyone lives near delaware and wants to buy it I might just sell the darn thing for a very low price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com