Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KDF-55WF655    

keith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Sony KDF-55WF655 Reply with quote

Wanting to diy a problem. After turning it on, about a minute later it begins a rhythmic series of turning off and on. When it's rotated to it's "off" portion of it's cycle, the power/standby light is flashing green. When it returns to the "on" portion of it's cycle the light is steadily green. Is this simple or not?

Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do This:

With the set off and cold:
Using your Owners Manual:
Remove the lamp and using a vacuum cleaner, vacuum the screens on the edge of the lamp housing. DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS PORTION OF THE LAMP WITH YOUR FINGERS.

If the screens are plugged the set will turn itself on and off. If the screens are not plugged the lamp is most likely defective.

Hope this helps

Jesse
keith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jesse,

I started out not thinking of the lamp because sound and picture went out together. I pulled the lamp. You mentioned screen(s) (plural ?). I cleaned one screen on top of the lamp. Sometimes being too careful I can be a little tunnel-visioned. After reassembly, the cycle was there again, but changed. Instead of 30/30 on/off cycle it is now 90/30 on/off cycles. Improvement tells me it's the lamp. I'm not going back in to recheck for any missed screens on the lamp right now. At the moment, I'm taking advantage of this "spring-like" weather we're having here in Texas to replace the transmission in my truck.... Too many diy projects?

Thanks,
Keith
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two screens that allow the supply air flow thru the lamp. Look at the opposite extreem edge and there will be a second screen

Jesse
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, It is -40 BELOW ZERO here today.

Jesse
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

keith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later in the afternoon/early evening, I took it out again and found what you were talking about. That screen was clean. The other one wasn't that dirty, but it must have been enough. When I reinstalled it the tv worked the rest of the night. Is this some sort of indication that the lamp doesn't have much life left in it? Or would this be just normal, but unmentioned, maintenance?

Thanks, Jesse
Keith
Oh, by the way. Saturday's highs were in the 70's. Monday is supposed to in the 30's. On the balmy side compared with what your seeing.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times when you reach the point of dirty screens you are close to the "end of life" for the lamp.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com