Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KDF e42a10 problem    

fischerla14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Sony KDF e42a10 problem Reply with quote

I have had my TV hooked up to a DVD/VCR combo player since it's purchase two/three years ago and everything was working fine. Resently when I turned it on, the TV is saying no signal but the VCR still thinks it is playing. I tried a different DVD/VCR player, a different cord, unplugging the TV to have it reboot, the imput panel on the side of the TV and nothing seems to be working.

I would hate to have to have someone come out and look at it if it is something I can do at home.

Also, two days before it stopped working I had used our Wii (that we have hooked up through the VCR) for the first time in a while. We hadn't tried it after that for two days and then realized something was wrong. Could this have done something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a tv/vcr button on the VCR?

if that is not enabled, it would prevent anything from showing up on the TV.
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do this,

Turn on vcr Laughing Put a pre-recorded/Factory tape in vcr and make sure VCR counter is counting. (this automatically puts the VCR in the right mode.) Make sure VCR/DVD switch on the unit is in the VCR position on the display.

You never said what output you are using on the VCR. This will assume you are using composite (yellow,white,red cable). If this is wrong please notify.

Next, verify hooked up to line output on VCR/DVD, other end to tv and verify which A/V you are using (aV1, AV2, AV3 etc).
Next make sure tv is looking at that input by using the AV input switch on the TV remote. Not the cable box remote or the vcr romote.
You should now have picture on tv if all is well!!

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com