Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SONY KDL-60EX645 - picture blinks, goes black; audio    

RonG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: SONY KDL-60EX645 - picture blinks, goes black; audio Reply with quote

Describing the problems/symptoms of this TV has turned out to be quite difficult. Here is my best attempt :
The television has four HDMI ports. We had a DirecTV receiver connected to HDMI 1. Nothing was connected to HDMI 2 or 4. HDMI 3 had a DVD/Blu-ray player connected. The first indication of a problem was a blue (green?) screen with the exceptions of the top left corner indicated the HDMI port and DirecTV Genie and in error message at the bottom right stating no signal or check cable connections. [I tried to add a picture(s) of the display but have no idea How do that. Also have short video of problem]
I contacted DirecTV customer support and they said that we were getting a good signal from them and the problem was not with their receiver, and that they thought it was in AV issue with the television or HDMI cable's. DirecTV tech had me change HDMI ports on the back of the TV and on HDMI 4, began to get picture, but sound was very intermittent.

The DirecTV channels began intermittently flashing the picture -- sometimes occasionally, sometimes rapidly, and sometimes for a split second showing only a black screen. The audio is all but nonexistent, with the exception that every so often it just blurt out a fraction of a second of audio.

I proceeded to try the HDMI cable from the DirecTV receiver in all of the ports and got a blank screen, which indicated the connection with the DirecTV Genie (and "no signal" message), in all but HDMI 4. I also tried different HDMI cables in each port with the same result.
BUT! The DVD/Blu-ray player works perfectly in all HDMI ports. There are absolutely no issues with sound, picture, playback quality, etc. Rolling Eyes
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on your description, I would suspect the directv hardware to be at fault. Best way to confirm would be to plug it into another TV.
RonG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KDL-60EX645... Reply with quote

I suppose I should add that we have two other televisions connected to the DirecTV service by Wi-Fi and they both work perfectly from the same DirecTV receiver.
I will try to physically plug the DirecTV receiver into another of the televisions. Thank you for the suggestion.
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck figuring this one out? I'm still curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com