Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV-27EXR20 horizontal lines / no audio    

patriot9370

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Sony KV-27EXR20 horizontal lines / no audio Reply with quote

Hello - there are 6 horizontal lines on screen about 1/3 of the way down the screen. 2 each red, green and blue. This is the 2nd time the tv has gone out. 1st time about 2 years ago there was no screen but I could hear the relay click when it was turned on. I had found a post that indicated the STRS6301 on the power converter board was bad. After replacing it the tv worked great until 2 days ago. Again, no screen but got relay click, so I replaced that part again (had purchased 2). now I am getting the colored lines. I did go back and verify solder joints and there was no change. I have also done the old "vibration" check on the various boards but that makes no change in condition. I called around to some local repair shops and they said it would be about $90.00 to fix so I am hoping this would be a relativly cheap fix for a very nice 16 year old set. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com