Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV-32S40 bad tuner    

willain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Sony KV-32S40 bad tuner Reply with quote

Model: Sony KV-32S40
Chassis: AA-2
Problem: bad tuner

Basic Info:
The tuner is bad as the TV works just fine with a DVD recorder w/ tuner. It's a backup tv with occasional use, so I don't want to have a DVD recorder hooked up to it all the time.

My Qs:
1. How to remove the tuner? Or is there a chassis picture or something like that that can guide me through?
2. How to rebuild the tuner? I have very limited experience with soldering or stuff and never worked with TV, but I have a quick learning curve doing new things (well at least I believe so).
Otherwise, I might just bought one online (one riddledtv link says $27 or so.

It's my 1st time to google out and visit this whole website. Happily surprised to find very rich contents and a very active and helpful forum. :D
Thanks and good day,

William
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should basically be just like this procedure here:
http://www.riddledtv.com/repair/pics/Sanyo_AVM-2758G/index.html

the only difference will be the tuner part number
willain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, kuhurdler.

I'll check it up and see if I can get the thing done.

William
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com