Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV-XF25M80 Strange problems    

milkyctg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Sony KV-XF25M80 Strange problems Reply with quote

Hi friends,
My 25 inches Sony tv KV-XF25M80 can't search programs. All channel shows only one station. When I search with auto searching command progress bar runs ok but that station doesn't change.
We know volume level 0 to 100. But when I start the tv by pressing the main power switch then volume level shows more than 250. Every time I have to down the volume level under 100.
Pls can anybody tell me how can I repair the tv set.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where on this planet are you? The Model number sounds like an oversea's number.

That model does not come up with Sony

Jesse
milkyctg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the reply. But Jesse, That's my tv model and from Sony (KV-XF25M80). I bought from Jeddah,KSA. U can search through internet its from sony or not.
BR
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand, however, I am in the USA and have direct access to Sony Service Literature. Since this model does not come up, it has to be an oversea's model relative to stateside and Sony does not provide literature to me for oversea's models. That is why I asked where you lived.

Jesse
milkyctg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Bangladesh. I h'd been working with an electronic servicing workshop as a technician since 1992 to 1998 in Jeddah. After that I built up my carrier as a cellular technician with a mobile company. So I have a little experience in electronics servicing(tv,vcr,projectors etc.).
But now I don't have any servicing manual or schematic diagram for this sony KV-XF25M80 tv. I cant locate the faulti ICs or any component.
I need yr help Jesse.
BR
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, You can find the manual here: https://www.manualsparadise.com

I have never used this source but since it is in PDF format I would suspect them to be ok.

If you have good soldering skills the first place I would look would be for bad connections inside the tuner. It is not uncommon to have the grounds in the tuner to go bad causing your condition. Also, there may be a AFC module on this set and the miniture tuning transformers on the module can have bad connections causing the problem. The module is usually shielded and is a daughter board mounted on the main pcb.

Hope this helps

Jesse
jimfury

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Kv-xf25m80 Reply with quote

I have resources for this model.

If you need the full service manual for the unit use the following link.

Link deleted by the moderator: no profiteering allowed on RTV. All help here will continue to remain free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com