Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sony KV32S40 no video just audio   Goto page 1, 2  Next  

jleuck64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Sony KV32S40 no video just audio Reply with quote

Hi, my Trinitron made in June 1999 with a chassis number AA-2D shut down the picture this morning. The sound was still on and I also noticed the red stand-by light was blinking.

I shut the TV off and then turned it back on again. The picture came back but only for a minute or two...

I have removed the back to clean the dust. I also spent some time looking at solder joints for obvious signs of failure, but no luck. I don't know exactly where to look anyway...

I will be making my own tool to dis-charge the CRT while awaiting your response.
Thanks in advance!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Many Blinks?
jleuck64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not count them... didn't know they would provide a diagnostic code. I'll have to plug it back in when I get home tonight. Report back later...
curt wolfe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 blinks is vertical, if so could be poor solder connections or need ic # tda8172.
jleuck64

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the wife and my son said it would blink continuosly until the power was shut off. Is that helpful or should I hook it up and try again, just to verify?
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

jleuck64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV worked fine all day... I will report back if symptoms come back and I get a diagnostic code.
jleuck64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wouldn't ya know I put the set back in the entertainment center and after 5 minutes the picture went out again... must be a little hotter environment than just sitting on the floor.

Any way, the red light blinked continuosly. The diagnostic code chart indicates No reply from the jungle IC301 data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high. IK Video path is defective.

I consider myself an above average auto mechanic but could use some help translating this new language. :wink:
kuhurdler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take a step back here.

While I am not completely sure it applies to your particular model... Typically when I see this symptom in a Sony, it is due to a failing CRT, and the IK circuit blanks the video signal when it determines the CRT is bad.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try SLOWLY lowering and raising the Screen (G2) control on the Flyback transformer. If the picture comes on, even for a moment, the CRT is likely involved.
If CRT is involved you would need to test/rejuve with something like:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/SENCORE-CR7000R-/722-110

As far as technical terms - I'm sure you've used search engines? Both "In Forum" and "Google," etc.
jleuck64

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me see if I understand youse guys... I got my 10 years out of a $400-$500 set and it's probably time to go pick out another one eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com