Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SONY LCD TV KDL-42V4100    

MichaelRGB

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: SONY LCD TV KDL-42V4100 Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm trying to repair a Sony LCD TV KDL-42V4100 Chassi EX1. Currently I have a black screen in front of me: no image at all & no OSD, I also have audio from a tuned channel. The inverter is working well since the backlight tubes are turned on.

There is a USB port in the back that is supposed to be used only 4 servicing but no sevice available and I really don't have a clue of what to do with it or if I have to flash or upgrade software or anything else.

Cannot find Service manuals or tech info all over the Web.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

kuhurdler

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also interested to see what anyone has to say about this one. Is this just an inverter problem?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enter the Self Diagnostic Mode (Start with power off (standby mode)) Select:: Display--5---volume down in that order on the remote.

Diagnostic Item Description----Number of times STANDBY lamp flashes-------- Possible Location.

Main Power-----------------------2 times-------------------------------------Power Supply Board
DC Alert---------------------------3 times----------------------------------------Main Board, Power Supply Board
Panel Alert-----------------------5 times-----------------------------------------LCD Panel
Backlight-------------------------6 times-----------------------------------------Power Supply Board, LCD Panel
Temp-----------------------------7 times------------------------------------------Main Board
SP Prot---------------------------8 times------------------------------------------Main B Board
Trident IC------------------------11 times----------------------------------------Main Board
TCON Error----------------------12 times------------------------------------------LCD Panel
Backlight Balance---------------13 times----------------------------------------LCD Panel
HFR Error------------------------14 times-----------------------------------------LCD Panel

Hope this helps

Jesse
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot one step.

The sequence is:
On the remote: Display---5---Volume Down---Power

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com