Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
SONY TRINITON kv-32s66 Picture absent    

vass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: SONY TRINITON kv-32s66 Picture absent Reply with quote

Hello,

For some time now, the bottom section of the picture on my SONY TRINITON kv-32s66 tv would squeez up (Dissapear) intermittently, but now there is no picture at all. The tv still has sound, however.

The Power supply board is A-1316-389-A.

When the tv is turned on, the Standby/Timer LED on the front blinks constantly.

I am somewhat rusty in this area and so i would very much appreciate some troubleshooting tips.

Thanks very much.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check IC561 on the A board for bad connections. If you were intermittently loosing vertical sweep this will cause the blinking LED and loss of picture (blanking) The forever blinking LED can also mean your IK line is the cause of the blanked picture. The IK line is monitored by the micro and will blank out the picture. A bad picture tube is usually the cause of IK blanking. You can check this by turning down the G2 control on the IHVT (flyback) and seeing if the picture comes back. You can also check Pin 5 of CN1764 on the C board for 200 VDC. If the 200VDC is present your HV will be present. If HV is indeed present you can turn the G2 up to see what is going on vertically. If you indeed do have a vertical problem you will be able to see the line when turning the G2 up. Do not leave the G2 up if the line is present. If you do you risk burning your picture tube.

Hope this helps

Jesse
vass

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Mack,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I will perform the checks that you mention and let you know the result.

By the way, which is the A and C Board?
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C board is the one plugged into the picture tube and the A board has the High Voltage Transformer on it.

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com