Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Sylvania (Funai) LC420SS8 power issue (no lights)    

classymousetech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Sylvania (Funai) LC420SS8 power issue (no lights) Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a TV tech, and I'm completely stumped, I'm hoping someone has some helpful information or advice for me. I have a TV in the shop that has no lights and won't power on. The power & standby lights are dark. From what I've seen, this is typically an issue with a Diode -- component D604. Before I even tried to replace anything component-level, I just ordered a replacement power board, and that didn't fix it. They had the inverter power board for an additional $15, so I ordered that as well. No improvement. Next, I assumed that it must be an issue with the mainboard, so I ordered that. Still no change. I've checked voltages on most of the things that I can, and I'm getting low on everything -- anything that should be 3.3V, I'm getting more like 2.2. CN500 is putting out something more like 185V rather than 345V. I would assume that I was just sent a defective power board, but in lieu of getting a replacement, I'd rather just fix this board (or the original). I've already desoldered D604 on the original power board and tested it, and it tests good on my multimeter. I don't really want to try desoldering components on the board I just got, just in case I have to send it back (actually, I already had to, because the power cord on the new board was damaged, but I'm hoping I can solder the old one back on well enough they can't tell I did that.)
Does anyone have a way to test this board to verify 100% that the primary power board is at fault? Any ideas what component could have failed?
One last piece of information -- when you unplug the TV, about a half second later, the standby light comes on for half a second, then goes out again.
Thanks a million in advance for any help you can provide. I'm really stressing over this one, and I CAN'T tell the customer I can't fix it -- I also don't want to charge the customer any more, and I don't want to pay too much out of pocket if the company that sold me this power board refuses to take it back. Worse yet, what if I'm wrong, and I buy another power board from someone else, only to find that it was a bad panel (or something else) all along?
Thank you all for any help you can provide.
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

classymousetech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: End result Reply with quote

As it turns out, the retailer who sold me the power board was very courteous, and shipped me a replacement at no charge. The first one they had shipped was DOA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Contact Us       Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2018 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com