Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Symphonic 27" 2003 WF2703 thin white lines at top    

auroch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Symphonic 27" 2003 WF2703 thin white lines at top Reply with quote

For a couple of months now, thin white lines have been appearing at the top of my television screen. They've gradually grown more pronounced, and occasionally cause a sort of inverted reflection. This effect really mucks with some of my 360 games, so I'd like them stopped. Someone suggested this:

"The vertical output IC is operated from a scan driven power supply. these supplies, while efficient, run at high frequency. Thus, the filter capacitors tend to run hot when their ESR changes. This is not at all an uncommon problem to TV repair professionals.
The simple solution is to resolder the output IC itself, and change the power supply capacitor - or capacitors, and the problem will go away, parts will cost about a couple bucks."

If this is truly the case, any suggestions on how I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Here's a photo.

Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c532 47mfd @ 35volt
auroch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: erm... Reply with quote

Whilst I'm sure you meant well.. I'm going to need a little clearer directions. It's not enough to know what component, specifically, as I'm not very solder savvy.
JTS1957

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C532 is the "location" of the most likely (not necessarily ONLY) component that has been known to cause the problem you describe.
The boards are usually marked (top & bottom) with the "location" numbers of most components. You should find this part near the Vertical Output IC (IC551; LA78041 which is mounted on a heat sink).
You will have to be able to unsolder/remove/install/ and resolder this part.
If you are unfamiliar with any "terms" or "proceedures," do a search. "You Tube," for example, will show unsolder/soldering videos; "Google," etc. for where to obtain replacement part.

Last edited by JTS1957 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
If you post a good picture of the chassis it could be pointed out or you can simply get a good light and read the component location (C532) that is printed on the circuit board. It will be close to a fairly good sized heat sink.
It is a little round thingy that stands up on the circuit board, it is covered with plastic, has 47ufd @ 35VDC printed on it, and has it's little silver head showing through on top. LOL.

The chassis is easily removed and if you do not have the soldering skills, I am sure you could find someone that does have these skills to solder in the new component for you.

Good Luck

Jesse

Sorry about the ribbing, I guess I am simply in a good mood today (Taxes are paid)
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

auroch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks to both of you. I think I can wing it from here.

EDIT: Okay, scratch that, I'm going to have plenty of questions in the near future. Stay tuned.
kc8adu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc this is a funai chassis.
had one here with vertical issues and one of the supplies to the output chip was low and had smps hash on it.
open 1000@16 in the power supply.
someone else had shotgunned it and the common offenders had already been replaced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com