Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
TH-42PWD8UK plasma display - red LED blinks 5 times    

glada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: TH-42PWD8UK plasma display - red LED blinks 5 times Reply with quote

Hi, we had TH-42PWD8UK plasma display for some time now (2-3 years) and everything was fine, until recently.
After hour or hour and half of watching it goes into standby mode by itself and red LED blinks 5 times. The only thing that seems to brings the picture back is to press ON/OFF button, wait a moment and press it again (unfortunately, that works only for a while)
What's wrong? Question
Can someone tell me if this is something serious? Where can I find Panasonic error codes?

Thank You. Smile

Greg
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 blinks = P SOS = power supply SOS = possible failed power supply.

Part number = TNPA3570

Only place I could find was from here: http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/

I do not know if they will sell to consumers.

Hope this helps

Jesse
glada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse, thaks for your expertise. It seems the part that you mentioned (TNPA3570) is the board. Does that mean I have to replace the entire board (it's pretty expensive) or is there a certain part of it that is faulty? Is there a way to troubleshoot it?

Thank you, Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com