Riddled TV Repair Forum
Service Menu and Manual Schematics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
Toshiba 27A32 Ch. M3L571 dead after power surge    

mykaelyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Toshiba 27A32 Ch. M3L571 dead after power surge Reply with quote

A power surge killed my tv, computer and Xbox 360. Turned out to be the power supply box on the computer, and the power brick on the Xbox 360. I opened up the tv, and saw the fuse was blown. I didn't notice any other burnt spots on the circut board. I replaced the fuse, but as soon as I plugged the tv back in, it blew again. I have no clue what to do next. If someone could help me out (in a tv repair for dummies sort of way, since I have NO clue what I'm looking at back there, other than the fuse) I would greatly apreciate it. This was my kids tv, and as fond as I am of Handy Manny, I'd love to be able to watch grown up shows once in awhile! Thanks in advance!
Google

PostPost subject: Advertisement

Jesse Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this you will need a multimeter that can measure resistance. Check Diodes D501~D504 and or Diodes D527,D529,D530 and D531. These are the bridge rectifiers and the ones that fail during a power surge that will cause the fuse to blow instantly.

Location is: Looking in from the back, Power cord input, Fuse, Square xfrmr/coil, left to diodes (away from right edge of circuit board).

Hope this helps

Jesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riddled TV Repair Forum Index -> TV Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Disclaimer: All information provided by RiddledTV is strictly for information purposes only. Please observe all warnings displayed on your electronic
devices. This information should only be used to help diagnose work, and all service should be performed by a qualified technician.
Privacy Policy       Copyright © 2020 RiddledTV.com       Advertise on RiddedTV.com